Ever try to find a file but can't remember where you put it? ASTRO has the most robust SEARCH technology in the mobile world, giving you the ability to do anything from broad searches across all locations mentioned above for types of content (pics, music, videos, etc.) to very specific searches based on file name, size, location, etc. And, with ASTRO's unique "CLOUD HOPPING (TM)", you can move files from one cloud to another in a single copy or move/paste – without having to download them first before sending to your destination cloud!
ASTRO now has support for Leef Bridge, a powerful, yet simple, innovative USB flash drive that allows users to easily transfer files to other devices (Android phones, tablets, Macs and PCs) without the need for cables, cloud services, Wi-Fi or any type of data connection. Leef Bridge features a micro USB connector and full-size USB connector that access the same memory so users can share content, photos, videos, music and documents to and from any compatible device. Visit www.2leef.com/bridge for more information and a list of compatible devices.
What are some of the benefits to ASTRO's new Indexing functionality:
- After your first search, results are almost instantaneous across all indexed locations (mobile device, clouds, networked locations)
- If you are offline, you can still search for files that have been indexed.
- Eliminates redundant network calls in ASTRO, making some operations faster.
- Better file browsing experience in areas with spotty or slow network coverage.
How does ASTRO's new Indexing functionality work?
- As you browse through directories on your device, clouds or networked locations, ASTRO begins indexing your files in the background in order to speed up future searches you perform.
- It will also build your index whenever you do a search. It will build the index for your internal and external sd cards very quickly (typically under 15-20 seconds). Clouds or networked locations will take longer and also depends on the number of files in those locations.
- You can also choose to proactively index any of your other locations like clouds (Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive) and networked locations by doing a search on those locations or by going to Settings, Search index and click Rebuild index. Keep in mind if you choose to index a 500GB server you have at home, it may take a while. :)
- You can go to Settings, Set Default Search Locations to set your default locations.
- You can go to Settings, Search index and clear your index at any time as well.
- SWIPE SCREEN RIGHT to get to Clouds, Network Locations or Saved Searches fast
- SWIPE SCREEN LEFT to get to Tools (App Backup, Task Killer, SD Card Usage), Settings and Help
It also gives you the ability to stop processes that burn battery life (Task Killer) and backup your apps (Application Backup) in case you lose or change phones.
Features include: file management, content management, multi-cloud, cloud content management with Facebook, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and SkyDrive, android file browser, file and/or app backup, image and text viewers, networking, Bluetooth, SFTP, Zip, downloader, thumbnails, search files, application manager, task manager, attachments and more…
Please visit our new support portal for a Quick Start Guide, FAQ's and Documentation. http://support.metago.net.
Screen Searches tab
ASTRO currently supports 11 languages including: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian & Portuguese.
jasonalvin38 12 Aug, 2013
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com